Saturday, February 18, 2012

Developing a plan...

So, the goal is to create a home free of unnecessary things and clutter and minimize my material possessions that way I can concentrate on the things that are really important in life. I know it will be a long, hard, and challenging process, but i hope to gain lots of positive energy from this experience.

What is my plan?

1.) Throw out anything we don't need or use.
This is going to be a hard one!
I will rigorously sort out anything that we don't need or use anymore. Only the things very dear to my heart and the ones we need and use regularly will stay.

2.) Organize my home.
The things that we do need to live need to be perfectly organized to save time and space.

3.)Stop buying new stuff!
The only time I am going to buy something is if we need it. No more "I want this jacket" even though I already own four others!

4.) One in, one out!
For every new item entering our home we will be letting go of one.

5.)Organize my time!
Try to develop a new schedule to use the time I have wisely spending it with people I enjoy being around :)

6.) Make things!
Start being more thrifty.
Make laundry soap, sew more and just enjoy crafting again!


That's what I have so far. I am sure this list will be edited and changed quite a bit along the way ;)

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I am proud of you, Iris! Must be something in the air because I've been purging big time in the past year as well. Getting rid of old stuff is so very liberating! I will be following your posts eagerly, you always have such amazing ideas! Wish I could see you in person!!!

    ReplyDelete